Safety Town 2023
Burlington Kiwanis Safety Town
June 12 – 23, 2023 2 Sessions 8:30-10 am, 10:30am-112pm
Dyer Elementary School, Burlington
SAFETY TOWN is an early childhood safety education program designed to introduce all types of safety awareness and emergency prevention to incoming Kindergarten children. A miniature layout of a community is built to the scale of a young child. Safety lessons are taught through actual demonstrations and participation. Registration opens April 1st for participants. For more information and to register, please visit www.kiwanis-soccer.com and click the registration info tab. For further information, you may also visit www.nationalsafetytown.com.
After the course, each child should be familiar with the following:
1. Separation from parent
2. Name, address and telephone number
3. Proper street crossing
4. Importance of using a crosswalk
5. Stopping at a curb
6. Crossing streets using a traffic light and walk light
7. Dangers of walking between parked cars
8. Walking where there are no sidewalks
9. Dangers of trains and proper procedure when crossing railroad tracks
10. Dangers of chasing a ball into the street
11. Colors, shapes and meaning of safety signs
12. Safe places to play
13. Bus procedure
14. Proper way to enter and exit a car on curb side
15. Importance of safety belts
16. Dangers of household objects, medicine bottles, etc.
17. Strangers and what to do if approached by a stranger
18. Bicycle, tricycle and pedal car safety
19. The importance of the buddy system
20. What to do if lost
21. What to do in case of fire
22. Dangers of matches, lighters and fire
23. Emergency vehicles and what they do
2023 Safety Town, June 12 – 23, 2023
Dyer Elementary School
201 S. Kendrick Ave., Burlington
3 Sessions available on a first come first serve basis.
8:30 – 10:00 a.m.
10:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
12:30 – 2:00 p.m.
Registration Opens April 1st.
Registration closes May 1st.
Register at www.kiwanis-soccer.com
Visit www.tinyurl.com/BurWiSafetyTown to register and for more information.
For more information you may also visit www.nationalsafetytown.com.