Healthy Living with Diabetes
What is Living with Diabetes? This researched and proven workshop is designed to help adults with type 2 diabetes or pre-diabetes learn skills and increase their confidence in managing their diabetes. The workshop meets for 2 1/2 hours once a week for 6 weeks.
Healthy Living with Diabetes does not replace existing treatments, but rather complements the treatments a participant receives.
Who should take the workshop?
- Adults with type 2 diabetes,
- Adults with prediabetes or
- Adults living with someone who has diabetes
What's in it for me? People who have taken the workshop show:
- Better health, health behavior and a sense of confidence in managing their diabetes
- Improvements in blood sugar levels
- Decrease in health distress and hypo-and hyperglycemia
- Fewer doctor and emergency room visits and fewer hospitalizations