DNA Results: Now What? Free program.
Your DNA results have arrived, but what do you do next to get the most out of the information? Autosomal DNA is processed by Ancestry.com, 23 & Me, and FTDNA.
The public is invited to this free session ““You’ve Got Your Autosomal DNA Results: Now What?”at 7 pm, on Wednesday May 17, 2017; at the Gateway Building in Burlington, Wisconsin. There are different types of DNA tests, and this evening program is about autosomal DNA results which is the kind processed by Ancestry.com, 23 & Me, and FTDNA.The program is presented by the Burlington Genealogical Society, for anyone in Southeastern Wisconsin to attend.
Experienced genealogist LouAnn Corrigan will present a variety of information related to using your Autosomal DNA results. Topics include:
- Making use of your DNA results to verify your research about your ancestors
- Ideas for what to say or ask when contacting your DNA matches
- How to track which ancestral lines you are proving with your DNA matches
- Why your DNA may not match your known relatives
- Websites and Facebook pages to help you
- Ethnicity Estimates: expectations vs reality
- How to navigate and understand Ancestry DNA pages
- Connecting your DNA matches to ancestors in your Ancestry Tree
The session is held at the Gateway Building (room 100), 496 McCanna Parkway, Burlington, Wisconsin; just past the Burlington High School. Parking is free, and the building is handicap accessible.
For information on the Burlington Genealogical Society, call the past president at 262-634-8815. Website: www.burlingtongenealogical.weebly.com