The Burlington Area Chamber of Commerce Ambassadors have been welcoming new businesses to our community for over THIRTY years!!
Their purpose is to serve as the handshake of the Chamber, promoting goodwill and introducing our members to customers, neighbors and the community. As the goodwill arm of the Chamber, the Ambassadors communicate with the membership, representing and promoting the Chamber's and Member's activities and events. They support the stated mission of the Chamber "We are a catalyst to nurture growth, development and the quality of life by promoting our membership and our community.” through their activities.
Their goals include:
- making welcome calls to new businesses
- making welcome calls to new professional people
- acknowledging extensive remodeling/expansions
- making welcome calls to new locations
- recognizing announced anniversary celebrations
- assisting in membership drives and membership retention
- setting dates, arranging locations and overseeing Business After Hours events
The Chamber relies on the Ambassadors to help them offer their services by letting them know of potential calls. A letter of welcome is sent, an Ambassador Club member is assigned to make a personal welcome call and answer questions and offer our services. We arrange for a photographer, provide the ribbon for ribbon cutting ceremonies, and present a plaque to the business.
The Ambassador Club has two brightly colored "Grand Opening" banners that are available for use at no cost to new businesses, newly located businesses, or new owners who are having a grand re-opening. When letters are sent to new businesses regarding the Ambassador Club's ribbon-cutting, information about the option to use the "Grand Opening" sign is included.
Fundraising is scheduled by members annually to partially fund the purchase of uniforms, banners, sympathy/congratulation cards, New Look Awards, etc.
Involvement in this group requires Chamber membership, a sincere belief in the objectives of the chamber and the availability of two to three volunteer hours per month for our Ambassador Club meeting, Ambassador calls, etc. For more information about the Ambassadors or if you are interested in becoming an Ambassador Club member, call the Chamber at 262-763-6044.
2021 Burlington Area Ambassador Club
- Jennie Amborn - President - Burlington Glass
- Mikki Davis- Burlington High School
- Mike Fohey - Community State Bank
- Marie Giebel - Town Bank
- Scott Herrmann - Thrivent Financial
- Barb Hintz - Retired
- Mary Koldeway - Whisker Works
- Shelly Leverenz - Burlington Menswear
- Marge Luedeke- Compeer Financial
- Linda Luger- Retired
- Justin Mueller - Re-Max Premier Properties
- Judy Weis- Retired
- Beth Wydra - Johnson Bank
- Mary Rodriguez - Halpin Staffing
- Melanie Langley - Serendipity Travel
- Diana Anderson - Culligan